Tips to saving money at the grocery store
- Use store loyalty card, for example Kroger plus card
- Don’t spend money on anything near the register.
- Make a list and stick to it.
- If you can go alone, the better. This allows you can go in and out quickly and without junk food and all those things that “kids have to have”.
- Don’t go shopping on an empty stomach (if you’re hungry you’ll buy food that you don’t need or shouldn’t have)
- Carry a calculator, to find out the price per unit.
- Look for manager specials or clearance items
- Look at the top and bottom of the shelves. The higher price items are at eye level or where the kiddos can reach.
- Purchase fruit and veggies that are in season. Normally apples, bananas and carrots are very cheap healthy snacks.
- Don’t fall for the 10 for 10 deal. Just buy the amount that you need. The cost will still be $1 each.
- Keep an eye your items when the cashier is ringing them up or check your reciept before you leave the store.
- Look for rebates on new items
if you can add to the list, please let me know
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe