I will be the first to admit that I love love love reality TV. (Probably not the healthiest things for me) One of my favorites is the Real Housewives, not one city in particular but all of them. I get sucked into all the drama and craziness. I really like Bethenny Frankel for the New York City group. I liked her so much that when I saw here book at the library I figured I should check it out. I don’t normally buy books because I would rather read books for free. I truthfully enjoyed Bethenny’s book, Naturally Thin and I am actually following the ten rules in her book and let me tell you they work!!!! I can no longer keep her ten rules to myself. I do strongly suggest that you read the book, it is a fun easy read and if you’re a fan, you can hear her in it the whole time.
The Skinny Rules
1. Your Diet is a Bank Account.
• Base choices on balancing throughout the day, so you don’t eat too much of any one thing and each meal balances the others with complementary food choices.
2. You Can Have It All, Just Not All at Once.
• You can eat whatever you want, and you should eat a variety of things to make food as interesting and nutritious as possible; but at the same time, you need to keep it simple. Fill up on high-volume, healthful foods like salads and soups; then pick on or two things you really want.
3. Taste Everything, Eat Nothing.
• Be choosy and discerning, especially when you have a lot of great choices. If you can’t decide, have just a taste of everything you really want, and you’ll still respect yourself in the morning.
4. Pay Attention.
• Never eat until you are ready to pay attention to what you are doing. Don’t eat while standing up, working, driving, or watching television. Sit down, experience your food, and savor it so your body registers the meal.
5. Downsize Now!!
• Downsizing is your new way of life. Eat from smaller plates, bowls, and glasses, and cultivate a new sense of portions.
6. Cancel Your Membership in the Clean Plate Club.
• Quit finishing everything on your plate. The fact that it’s there doesn’t mean you have to eat it. Instead, share your food, save it for another meal, or just leave it when it really isn’t very good.
7. Check Yourself before You Wreck Yourself.
• Stop binge-eating! Never do it again. Just knowing you can have any food you want can keep you from going overboard, but until you break the binge habit, you need to stay firmly in the driver’s seat and make rational decisions about what you will and will not eat, and when you will stop eating it. You are the master of your own life, so step up.
8. Know Thyself.
• As you reframe your habits, you have to know yourself and customize the way you eat to fit who you are.
9. Get Real.
• When ever possible, when you have the option, without getting obsessive about it, choose real, organic, local, seasonal food instead of fake processed food.
10. Good for You.
• Every habit you change should come from a gentle place of caring for and loving yourself. Now matter what you decide to do, how you decide to eat, and who you decide to be, let yourself be guided, by what is good for you, ahead of anything else. Do this, and everything else in your life will fall into place.
I checked my mail yesterday and I got a wonderful coupon from the new Dollar General that opened off of Highway 78 and Rosebud Rd. It is $5 off on a purchase of $20 or more. For you early birds (Aubrey and myself) Their Grand Opening Celebration is on Saturday, August 28th, the first 50 adults (18 and older) will get a FREE $10 Gift card. My plan is the get there and get a FREE gift card, and something off on my list of to buy rebate items and maybe stock up on Fruit of the Loom packaged underwear and socks for the kiddos, (you can never have enough) there is a coupon out for a $1 off any 2 items. The options are endless!!!! I will try to remember to get a picture to show my sucess. 🙂
Purchase the kit and/ or refill this month. Then fill out this rebate form for the full amount. This great deal is only good if you purchase at Walmart. I have tried Dryel and I really like it, so I’m pretty excited about this Free deal. You may also request coupons via email or by snail mail, making this an even better deal.
Thanks Thankfully Thrifty!!!
I just got an email from our church stating that our local co-op is in need of basic food items. If you would just use 10 % of your grocery budget to buy some of the much needed items on their list, YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Better yet if you have extra money in your budget to add some extra groceries in your cart during your next trip to the store, YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. The need is greater than ever. During the first half of August the Co-op saw more people that usually seen in an entire month. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY TODAY. If you are local in the Gwinnett Co. area check out the The Southeast Gwinnett Cooperative Ministry. There is a list of most needed items and other helpful info.
Here is an idea of the most needed Items:
Pork and beans
Canned meat- currently okay on tuna
Beans- All- Canned and Dried
The best way to save some money and earn some money is to use reward sites that gives you money back for shopping. One of my favorite is websites to use to earn online Swagbucks